THE RECONCILERS' MINISTRY
BRIEF HISTORY, VISION & MANDATE
The Reconcilers’ Ministry is an Non-denominational Missionary
Organisation which came as a brainchild of vision. God gave a specific
vision of reaching out to the Igalas to this Ministry in 1978. It
started as an Igala Gospel singing group. The founding vessels were
then students, majority of whom were of the Ahmadu Bello University,
Zaria, and the Kaduna Polytechnic.
The Reconcilers’ Ministry was incorporated under the laws
of Nigeria on the 5th day of November, 1988. It is a Missionary
Organisation which the Lord raised with the primary vision of mobilizing
individuals, groups and churches for mass evangelism & missions
in Igalaland and beyond. It seeks to train and deploy missionaries
to evangelise and train disciples amongst indigenous tribes. The
Ministry has also extended its frontiers to several villages and
settlements in Edo State, Enugu State and Benue State respectively.
Our Vision, Mission & Mandate are as succinctly set forth in
II Cor. 5:18-21 …. “And all things are of God, who hath
reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the
Ministry of Reconciliation” verse 18. Our Mission is to reconcile
two parties who are enemies or have become estranged. The two parties
in this case are God and the Igala man. We are the official representatives
of the Government of heaven to the Igala man in his natural, unadulterated
state whose back is turned against God.
^ Go To
The Igalas are said to be the 9th largest tribe in Nigeria with
a population of over 2 million people based on a growth rate of
2.83% (NPC 1963 figure) and a land mass of over 16,000 square kilometers.
They are now over 5 million people. They are known and recognized
everywhere as hardworking people, they are strategically sound,
(i). Their Temporal condition – dire poverty, poor homes,
long toil, unrelieved sufferings etc
(ii). Their Moral condition:- filthy and degrading habits, abominable
practices, unmentionable cruelties, moral corruption, witch-craft
(iii). Their Spiritual condition:- bound by false religion, lost
in all dimension spiritually, Moslems are advancing rapidly in the
land. Catholics take a fair share of the lot. Active evangelicals
are fewer than we really can imagine. Many of these are only nominal
^ Go To
1. The aim of our mission to the Igalas and Igalaland (including
the Bassas, Idomas, the Ebira Mozum and Kakandas) is to make Christ
known to all men as the saviour from sin.
2. It is a distinctive aim, a spiritual aim. Our work is not commercial,
political, not even philanthropic.
3. It is a unique aim. It claims that all IGALAS, irrespective
of class or station in life are lost and need to be saved in exactly
the same way, by having their sins cleansed in the blood of Jesus.
4. It is a determining aim. It rules our spirits and control our
methods. All our energies are to be spent in this one direction.
AREAS OF MINISTRATION
Our area of Ministry so far have been the following:-
- Missions Mobilisation
- Missions Awareness Programmes
- Missions Training Programmes
- Church Planting
- Rural Development Projects
- Literacy Evangelism
- Rural Health-Care Delivery
- Welfare & Mercy Ministries etc
The Ministry has a Board of Trustees and a functional Executive
Committee. The Board of Trustees is the Policy making body of the
Ministry. The Executive body carries on the day to day activities
and programmes of the Ministry. The Board of Trustees has Dr. Attah
Abdullahi Haruna of the Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as its Chairman.
Joe Abrahams is the President of the Ministry. The Ministry at the
moment has 7 Resident missionaries on the field, and other volunteer
Missionaries that help in follow-up programmes and activities.
A combined meeting of the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee
constitute the Governing Council of the Ministry.
BRIEF PROFILE OF THE GOVERNING COUNCIL
1. Dr. Attah Abdullahi Haruna – Lecturer, Head of Department,
with Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, married to Ruth who also is
a Lecturer with Kogi Polytechnic. They are a family of Three (3).
Dr. Haruna is the Chairman, Board of Trustees and an Elder with
the United Evangelical Chuch in Nigeria.
2. Joe Abrahams is a retired Chief Magistrate and now practices
Law in Abuja, Nigeria. Married to Mary who is a Teacher in a Secondary
School. They are a family of Five (5) Joe is the President of the
3. Engr. Friday Ugbenyo is a Lecturer with the Federal University
of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State of Nigeria. He is married to
Ruth and they are a family of Six (6). He is a Trustee of the Ministry
and Director, Prayer and Mobilization.
4. Mr. Paul Audu is a Chartered Accountant and a Banker. He works
in Lagos, Nigeria. He is married to Ochonia and they are a family
of Six (6). Mr. Paul Audu is a Trustee of the Ministry.
5. Elder Dan E. Itanyi is a Lecturer with the Kaduna Polytechnic,
Kaduna, Nigeria. He is married to Mary. They are a family of Seven
(7). Dan is a Trustee of the Ministry and Deputy President.
6. Pastor Akoh Abrahams is a Hospital Administrator with Holley
Memorial Hospital, Ochadamu, in Kogi State of Nigeria. He is married
to Helen. They are a family of Seven (7). Akoh is a Trustee of the
7. Mrs. Ruth Omolugwu is married to Jonah. They are both members
of the Ministry. Ruth is a Trustee of the Ministry. They are a family
of Six (6).
8. Dr. Paul Omaji is a Lecturer and an academician resident in
Western Australia. He is married to Alice. They are a family of
Six (6) and are all resident in Australia. Paul is a founding member
and a Trustee of the Ministry.
9. Barrister Philip Abalaka is a Practicing Lawyer based in Abuja.
He is married to Sarah and they are a family of Four (4). He is
Director, Legal Matters and Administration.
10. Mr. Mike Davies works with the American Embassy in Lagos. He
is married to Hope Davies. They are a family of Five (5). Mike Davies
is the Director, Secretarial Services & Correspondence.
11. Bala Adown works with the Kogi State Polytechnic (Osara Campus)
as a Lecturer. He is married to Justina. They are a family of Seven
(7). He is the Director, Music Department.
12. Bamaiyi Dans Ati is an Estate Surveyor and practices in Abuja.
He is married to Pauline, a nurse. They are a family of Four (4).
Bamaiyi deputises for Mike Davies.
13. Barrister Ben Ogwo is a Lecturer with the Kogi State University,
Anyigba. He is married to Ajuma. They both have Four (4) children.
Ben is the Kogi State Chapter coordinator of the Ministry.
14. Engr. John Ekele is a specialist in Electronic/Electrical installations
and maintenance. We works with the Ahmadu Bello University, (ABU)
Zaria. He is married with children. He is the Zaria Chapter coordinator
of the Ministry.
The Ministry at the moment has three (3) functional fields located
in Igalaland and in Igbo-Eze North LGA of Enugu State. The fields
1. Ette Mission Field – Made up of Aishi and Ijekpe Mission
Stations (with 4 resident Missionaries).
2. Ika Mission Field – With a Missionary resident in Achele
3. Obagwu Mission Field – With 2 resident Missionaries at
1. Obedience to the command of Christ. Matt. 28:19, Mark 16:15.
2. Acceptance of the will of God for our lives. Eph. 2:10, Rom.
3. A passion for the souls of men. Psalms 126:6, Matt. 9:36
4. A desire to preach the gospel, to beseech them to turn to God.
Acts 3:26, Ezekiel 33:11
5. To teach the whole counsel of God. Heb. 5:12.
6. To identify with indigenous churches and/or groups that will
become sell-propagating. Titus 1:5
OBLIGATION IN MINISTRY
We strongly believe that the life of service is an unselfish life,
not serving self but serving others (II Cor. 5:15).
“Should not henceforth live unto themselves”. Christ
has saved us. He has purchased us. He has redeemed us. He must have
all and possess all. If salvation were the object of life, then
we could be translated at conversion, straight to heaven. We are
saved to serve. He is the potter, we are the clay. He is the Master.
We are the servant. He is the Lord and we know we must obey orders.
Jesus said to Peter, “if you love me, feed my sheep and lambs
^ Go To
THE RECONCILERS’ CHRISTIAN RESOURCE CENTRE (RCRC)
The Reconcilers’ Christian Resource Centre (RCRC) is a complex
which provides for the Religious, Educational, Spiritual and Recreational
purposes to serve the Body of Christ within Igalaland and its environs.
The Centre, when completed, will provide functional spaces for the
* Office Block
* Staff Quarters
* School of Missions & Ministry (SMM)
* Auditorium (to sit 5,000 people)
* Hostel Complex
* Christian Rest House (CRH)
* Sports Field & Garden
* Farm Centre & Prayer Garden
* Converts Rehabilitation Centre (CRC)
The development of this concept involves the following guidelines;
a). Bringing people together to be closer to God
b). The architectural approach which aims at turning moral and spiritual
lives of people towards God and better living.
c). Meeting the spiritual needs of the youth, elders and children,
men and women all over the world.
This concept is in line with the cardinal aim of the Ministry which
could be summarized as follows:
i). God and Man for Salvation & Hope
ii). Man and Man for love and Compassion
iii). Denomination for Unity and Fellowship
iv). Man and Himself for Peace and Health.
^ Go To
LOCATION, SIZE, CONFIGURATION & GENERAL APPRAISAL
The Centre is located in an area which is central to the catchment
area of the Ministry’s principal vision. Some of the essential
considerations include the ease of accessibility, availability of
utilities for quick communication and natural essential services
such as flowing streams, environmental orientations and day lighting
It is intended that the design of the Centre would therefore avoid
terrific and frightening features that can be usually distressing
to people. Inscriptions that can depress the heart and encourage
doubts would be completely avoided. But rather, inscriptions that
will BREAK DOWN a SINNER and bring such to be CONVERTED of his or
her SIN, and structures that point the NEED for being RECONCILED
to God would always be encouraged.
Furthermore, each unit system will be such that will achieve the
spiritual balance envisaged. Each facility is therefore unique,
safe and will make positive contribution to the efficient attainment
of the facility’s goals, and satisfy the psychological and
spiritual needs of the users and staff.
The Complex and Centre if completed, would be utilized to provide
all the vital components of a modern Christian centre.
With good soil available, adequate rainfall and sunshine, agricultural
investment will be vital as a tool of rehabilitation. Farming on
a fairly large scale will therefore be a priority.
CALL TO SERVE
1. FIELD SUPPORT PROGRAMME (FSP)
FSP affords you the opportunity to adopt a Preacher/Teacher posted
to a new mission station. The sponsorship is limited to a minimum
sum of N5,000.00 per month per station. You can thus maintain a
preacher and his family for a whole year with the sum of N60,000.00
At the moment, more villages have cried to us to post to them a
missionary/teacher to help nurture and shepherd the new converts
in their respective villages.
If the Lord is laying a burden on your heart for these people,
do please indicate your interest by writing to the National Headquarters
of the Ministry or by contacting any of the persons listed herein.
The Lord will bless the work of your hands richly. Maranatha!
2. SHORT SERVICE IN MISSION (SOSIM)
At the Reconcilers’ Ministry, opportunity for Missionary
Service is afforded workers in both public service and private sector
so that their annual leave or short vacations can be used for the
Master’s service. It affords you the rare opportunity to come
face to face with those living in the dark places of the earth,
who live in perpetual fear of the unknown and who are harassed by
the devil at his whims and caprices.
For more enquiries please conta
^ Go To
Any of the following:
Mr. Paul Audu
(UTB V/Island, Lagos)
Tel. No: 01-2616220, 01-889329
Tel. No: 08033050580, 08046129618
Elder Dan Itanyi
No.2A, Keffi Road,
GRA Barnawa, Kaduna.
Tel. No: 08023322414
Dr. Attah Haruna
(Kogi Poly Lokoja)
Tel. No: 058-220525,
Tel. No: 08035874017
Mr. Friday Ugbenyo
Tel. No: 08043122574, 08045215583
Barrister Ben Ogwo
Field Office, No.70 Old Egume Rd,
Anyigba, Kogi State.
Tel. No: 08045114137, 08036096465
Barrister Philip Abalaka
Suite A20, Ibro Hotel Complex,
Wuse Zone 5, Abuja.
Tel. No: 08035967530
Barrister Joe Abrahams
Suite A20, Ibro Hotel Complex,
Wuse Zone 5, Abuja.
Tel. No: 09-5236361
Tel. No: 08033587323
Tel. No: 08044102266, 08037877369
NAFDAC, Oshodi, Lagos.
Tel. No: 01-866796
Kogi Poly, Osara Campus
Tel. No: 08035043021
Tel. No: 01-2613926
Victoria Island, Lagos
Tel. No: 01-4704394
Tel. No: 08033000878
United Evangelical Church,
Tel. No: 08056633497
^ Go To
We depend on God, through the partnership of His people to meet
the great and enormous needs in this Ministry. The Ministry is in
constant need of Mission Mobilisation items such as Motor Vehicles
(Trucks), Motocycles Bicycles etc for rural roads. All gifts are
duly acknowledged and used for their designated purposes. Contact
any of the addresses above.
^ Go To
PRAISE GOD FOR:
- Being what you are and your position in God.
- Answered prayers in Divine Protection and provisions.
- Raising like-minded brethren who now fully share the Vision of
- His favour that is made manifest and real in the lives of the
members of the Ministry on a daily basis.
- Bringing healing virtues upon individuals and families of the
Ministry, particulary those that had it smooth and/or very rough,
in the year 2004.
- The freedom of worship that we enjoy as Christians in Nigeria.
- The recent Outreach to Ogodu, Omala Local Government Area of Kogi
State tagged Ogo-Ulatane 2004 and for the numerous lives that were
positively touched by God himself.
PLEASE PRAY FOR:
- Divine breakthrough in the operations of the Ministry.
- The work of Mission in Ette, Obagwu and Achele fields that the
workers be committed to their call to Ministry.
- Our friends and supporters that God will continue to give them
the burden and the Grace to keep and sustain their Vision and commitment
to work of Missions.
- Elder (Dr) Charles Uko and family who have moved from Port-Harcourt
to Uyo that their Vision and burden for their people might find
abundance of Grace with God.
- God’s constant intervention in the state of affairs in Nigeria
- Unity amongst the Body of Christ all over the nation Nigeria.
- The new converts at Ogodu field that God will give them by His
- Individual families of the Ministry that God will contribute to
broaden our vision for Missions unto greater heights for His glory
- The forth-coming National Convention holding in Ochadama that
the gathering be not a conventional or ceremonial one, but that
God in His mercy and love makes it a time of refreshing and lifting
up of souls in commitment to call and service.
- Ministers of the Gospel in the land of our Vision (Igala land),
that the Grace of God be made avalible to them in abundance so they
could face the challenges of the time
The Reconcilers’ Ministry Inc.,
SUITE A20, IBRO HOTEL COMPLEX
P.O. Box 8633, Wuse, Abuja – Nigeria
TEL: 234-9-5236361, 234-803-3587323, 234-804-4110850
Email Addresses:/ firstname.lastname@example.org
^ Go To